Saturday, July 7, 2012

Work in Progress :)

Boy it's tough bouncing back after having a baby! Especially the 3rd baby, AND when you are in your 40's! Yikes! Even though I don't feel like I'm in my 40's :). Honestly, battling weight has always been a little more difficult for me than say my sister (when we were younger). I've always had to exercise for long stretches to see modest results. After I had my first child (2003), exercise was put on the back burner. I would always start out with good intentions, trying to get back to the gym. I'd take my daughter to the gym's daycare, and almost every time, she'd get sick. I decided that it just wasn't worth it. I would then begin only to go intermittently when time allowed and without any kids. After my son was born (2005), I even had more obstacles in the way of the gym. When I get there, I absolutely love group classes such as step aerobics, sculpting, and some sort of cardio circuit class. I remember just over a year ago, when I was watching TV in the early morning hours, seeing an infomercial for Turbofire. I really wanted to try it, it looked like a lot of fun. I went to Beachbody's main page and started justifying the price. I thought that if I could get the results that I saw on TV, it would totally be worth the $$. Researching more programs, somehow I ended up deciding on Chalene Extreme. I think most of us women want lean muscles along with our weight loss. I ordered it and did love it. I hadn't really learned to adjust my diet yet at this point. I did CHALENE EXTREME according to the schedule, never missing a workout. I had the deluxe version, so I added in a little extra cardio. I was losing inches and gaining POUNDS! That is sort of discouraging. Over the next 3 months, I would gain a total of 7 lbs! Not cool in my head, even though in real life, I may have looked a little better. I did not give up. I couldn't imagine that all of that hard work and not necessarily eating too much food would cause me to gain! I figured my body wasn't taking my lifestyle change seriously.. I figured it needed more time. I had already decided to try INSANITY next! Along with my new found love of Chocolate Shakeology®, I figured I had to be successful this time around! I was no where near giving up! It didn't take long into the program to see some results. Nothing drastic, nothing like the infomercials, but results. I was very strong from Chalene, so I didn't find it overly difficult other than the endurance part. That would improve over time. I quickly lost the 7 lbs that I had gained and several inches in addition. I was approximately 4 weeks from completing the program when I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child! After I picked myself up off the ground :), I decided to finish the program. After completing INSANITY, I decided to continue on with a sort of Angie-made hybrid combining some INSANITY with CHALENE EXTREME. I kept it easier on my body, doing the cardio from Chalene and some of the lesser insane INSANITY DVDs. Now, 4 months after baby #3 was born, I am well into LES MILLS PUMP. I'm still drinking my Shakeology® religiously. I am finishing up week 5 and have already seen 3 inch drop in the mid section. I wouldn't call it my waist.. since I still have residual baby belly going on :(. I've lost approximately 8 lbs. I still need to lose about 8 lbs to get to where I started on my journey. I am much healthier compared to back then..having built more muscle and improved cardio, but us women like to see the numbers on the scale  as an indicator of success. Even though I know the scale does not reflect success or failure (within reason), I am forever glued to it's readings! But, whatever it reads, I know I have worked extremely hard and that alone is success in my book.

I would never back anything that I don't believe in 100%. I love the Beachbody product line completely. Everything I learn about the company is positive. They are the complete package. You get amazing fitness programs from celebrity trainers, an assortment of nutritional supplements, and access to a website that offers meal planning and support. You get your very own "motivator" (coach) too. :)

If you want to join me in my fitness journey, feel free to visit my website. You can register there for a free Team Beachbody account. Look around the site. Research the different programs and supplements offered. There is a specific site for Shakeology®, go there and research the "healthiest meal of the day"! If you have any questions, email or message me. There is a special trial offer that runs through the end of July for those "on the fence" about programs and Shakeology®.. You can try 1 of 3 popular fitness programs, your choice of Shakeology® and get a free 30 day membership in the Team Beachbody Club, all for free--just pay shipping and tax (pay at the 30 day mark, or send it back and you pay nothing more). See my earlier entries for more information. If you go to my website, click shop, then click on the trial to learn even more. That's it for now. See you at the SUPERGYM!

No comments:

Post a Comment