Saturday, October 6, 2012

P90X Week 5


I am still pushing play daily at 4am! I love P90X. I think I really like it better than Insanity, only because I am not killing my knees and other joints daily with torture routines! :) Don't get me wrong, I love Insanity.. I think I have decided that I love weights and cardio mixed together. That's why I loved Les Mills Pump so much. You really want to feel like you got a great workout. P90X definitely delivers. I still cannot do a pullup without the assistance of a chair, but I imagine one day I will succeed. I can do push ups better than ever now. It's the little things.

My favorite workouts so far are Core Synergistics and Kenpo X. Core Synergistics is a wide assortment of moves that get your core cooking! You aren't jumping up and down, yet your heart rate will definitely increase during this workout. You use weights during some parts also. Also, you do so many reps that what you thought was a piece of cake, ends up really fatiguing you! Kenpo X is kind of like a kick boxing/martial arts class. You will throw a gazillion punches (well maybe not that many) and a ton of kicks.. front, side, back, corner, etc. You will feel this the next day for sure.

Last week started week 5. There was a new shoulder workout called Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I usually am not a big fan of shoulder workouts. My shoulders pop and are not very strong. Well, let me tell you, I think they are getting stronger!

It may take me more than a single round (3 months) to get where my mind thinks I should be physically. Baby steps as I always say. I am patient and keep measuring the areas that I want to see reduced and I notice them reducing.. so I know I'm on the right track.

Feel free to like my facebook page: Angie Corbitt. I find all kinds of great articles regarding food, nutrition, exercise, motivational quotes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment